The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Fin Fun RTLX-BAH-12-MF Bahama bluesh Mermaid Fin Size XL 146-158 for Ages 12 and Above Pink bluee
- 16 x16 Solid Wooden Profession Canvas Frame Kit for Oil Painting,Wall Art Any Sizes Available 16 x28
- Gudetama omelet & Nesoberi BIG stuffed [A. omelette] (single)
- gold silver bronze medal three kinds set set sale
- The Strain Pop Vinyl Figure The Master by FunKo
- Super Robot Wars X ( ) ps4
- Barbie 1996 Collector Edition The Great Eras Collection Volume Eight Victorian Lady
- Learning Resources Sequencing Puzzle Cards
- Generic Tared 450Pro Fuselage TL2842 Tared 450PRO Parts with Tracking
- Gamma AGSL Sports Speed Ladder, 15' x 19
- 1 Grateful for everything Creative new rabbit doll plush toy down cotton Meng Meng rabbit girls pillow (color 1)
- Generic 2Sets GARTT 500 Carbon Fiber Horizontal greenical Tail Fin Fits Align Trex 500 RC Helicopter
- Emvency Throw Blanket Warm Cozy Print Flannel Cartoon Happy New Year and Christmas Santa Claus Snowman for Celebration Comfortable Soft for Bed Sofa and Couch 60x80 Inches
- Tulip Flower Pattern by Valarie Wade, 14x14-Inch
- A Welsh luxury chess board in slate with a dragon logo and with the words 'Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Cychwyn' (The red dragon will show the way) - a special present for a chess enthusiast for Christmas
- Easy Spirit Women's Romy Walking shoesBlack Dark Grey LeatherUS 9 W
- Lvory Stripe Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Stretch Corner Sectional Predective Couch Cover Nordic Simple 15, Double Seater
- D & D Minis Elemental Wall 6 - War Drums
- Yowamushi Pedal Makishima Yusuke Uniononline Limited Edition Figure by Animewild
- Bountytown - Western-themed Boxed Board Game by Victory Point Games
- GYBE Winter Beanie with Stylish Leather Logo
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport