The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- LPKH Tarpaulin Truck Tarpaulin Outdoor Waterproof Cover Waterproof Sunscreen Canvas PVC Plastic Tarp Sheet (color Green, Size 3 3m)
- YOYI-HOME Digital Printing Duplex Printed Blanket Car and Circus Big Top Daisies Flowers Heart in Meadow Fun Design bluee Red Yellow Summer Quilt Comforter W59 x H39.5
- RC4WD Tough Armor Rear Bumper Chevy K5 Blazer ZS1744 METAL inc fixings K 5
- Good Smile The Idol Master Platinum Stars Miki Hoshii Twinkle Star CoDe Action Figure
- Znzbzt 3D Wall Mount Wall Mount Waterproof SelfAdhesive Creative Decorative Floor Posters, Polar Bears
- color7 47 x 59in BEICICI Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Misty Forest by Moonlight Fashion Ultra Cozy Flannel Blanket
- MagiDeal Hard Shell Backpack 34x27x16cm Zipper Bag Case Box for Mavic 2 Pro Zoom Accs
- FH WJ-Toy Avengers Hulk Movie Edition Realistic Model Desktop Model 27cm
- Green Large Indian Dance Belly Dance Performance Clothing Belly Dance Costume Belly Dance Practice Clothes Fishtail Belly Dance Performance Set Indian Dance Bra Set
- Farmerly Modern Sofa Cover Pink Flower Pattern Lace Couch Predector Furniture Cover European Style Living Room Decorations tai yang Hua, 90cmX120cm
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport